Mauna Kea Beach Hotel rests upon a particularly awe-inspiring stretch of Kaunaʻoa Bay on the Island of Hawaii. Our secluded, jaw-dropping slice of tropical paradise is a year-round haven for travelers from all across the globe who’re searching for sophistication, natural beauty, and solitude. The pristine, white sand at Kauna’oa Beach is the perfect setting for a day filled with rousing and relaxing beach activities. We’re one of the only 5-star hotels in Hawaii to provide guests with on-site championship golf, an array of authentic dining options, ocean-view guest suites, and easy access to a top-rated beach.
Top 5 Kauna’oa Beach Activities
Very few tropical destinations rival Kauna’oa Beach’s natural beauty, tranquility, and seclusion. The white sand is warm and soft, the ocean is a particularly beautiful shade of teal, and our signature “Fredrico” cocktails at beachfront Hau Tree are delicious. We’ve compiled five of our favorite year-round beach activities that are ideal on a warm, sunny afternoon right here at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel.
- Paint a sunset – After an unforgettable day on the most beautiful island in the world, stroll down to Kauna’oa Beach with your compact paint kit and medium-sized canvas about an hour before dusk. The golden sunsets at Kaunaʻoa Bay will take your breath away while simultaneously inspiring your inner artist to create a vivid portrait that’s worth showcasing at home.
- Fly a kite – The medium winds at Kauna’oa Beach, which typically range from six to 15 mph, are ideal for an afternoon of kite flying. Not only are the weather conditions usually nothing short of perfection, but the soft sand and breathtaking ocean views enhance the kite flying experience. The beach is quite lengthy, so there’s ample space to spread your “wings” this summer.
- Teach your kids how to surf – Kauna’oa Beach’s peaceful waves are often utilized by parents who wish to teach their children how to surf. Teach your kiddos the basics, including proper safety, in the soft sand before venturing a short distance into the turquoise water. There are several surfing instructors based near the top-rated 5-star hotels in Hawaii – simply contact our concierge about setting up a lesson!
- Build a sandcastle – Whether you’re hoping to craft a sandy masterpiece or just play around with the kids, you’ll quickly discover that the white sand at Kauna’oa Beach is perfect for sandcastle building. Don’t forget to bring along the proper tools, such as plastic pails and shovels, and let the children’s imaginations run wild!
- Read a book – Dozens of online publications, from Oprah Magazine to Good Housekeeping, release annual lists of their favorite beach reads. There’s nothing quite as relaxing than reading an award-winning page-turner on a pristine beach with the soothing sounds of lapping waves keeping you at ease.
5-Star Hotels in Hawaii
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel remains one of the only 5-star hotels in Hawaii that features a beachfront restaurant where you can indulge in fruity cocktails, Saturday clambakes, and fresh-caught fish. Many of our deluxe tower rooms provide jaw-dropping Pacific Ocean vistas, including splendid sightlines of Kauna’oa Beach. Our top-rated golf resort is known for our twice-weekly luau, featuring suckling pig, poi, ahi poke, lomi-lomi salmon, and so many more authentic delicacies. To book a well-deserved tropical escape to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, please give our friendly staff a call at 1-877-880-6524, or visit us online for more information.