Modern improvements to Mauna Kea Golf Course by the original designer’s son, Rees Jones, have kept the original character intact while opening up challenging, memorable play on the Big Island of Hawai’i to all player levels.
2021 Aeration Dates: September 14 & 15
Grass: High-efficiency ultra-dwarf Tifeagle Bermuda Grass on the greens. Tifway 419 hybrid Bermuda Grass on the tees, fairways and roughs.
Play: On-board GPS in all golf carts helps determine yardages and distance to hole.
Pro Shop: Top of the line golf equipment, designer attire and accessories, and logo gifts. Drop off golf shoes for cleaning, sign up for lessons or simply relax and talk golf with our attentive staff.
Dining: On the course, our signature beverage cart serves a diverse menu including Spam musubi, chili and blended cocktails. Mid- or post-round, Copper Bar is the perfect spot to celebrate your hole-in-one with a local brew on tap, island-style pupu (appetizer) or a leisurely lunch.
Note: Number 3 restaurant is temporarily closed.
Take a virtual tour of Mauna Kea Golf Course.
All Mauna Kea Golf Course players are required to wear proper golf attire.
Men: Shirts with collars and sleeves, and slacks or Bermuda shorts of mid-thigh length. Mock polo shirts are the only permitted non-collared shirts. Not permitted are tank tops, tee shirts, mesh shirts, sweatpants, warm-up suits, blue jeans, swimwear, short-shorts, cut-offs, gym shorts, tennis outfits or other athletic shorts.
Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks, mid-length shorts and blouses. Not permitted are halter-tops, tee shirts, cut-offs, sweatpants, warm-up suits, blue jeans, swimwear, tennis dresses, short-shorts, or other athletic shorts.
Golf Shoes: Appropriate golf shoes are required.
If in doubt about attire, please check with the pro shop before starting play. Improperly dressed golfers will be asked to change before playing.
- Driving Range
- Practice Putting Greens
- Full-service Pro Shop
- Locker Room
- Shower Facilities (Temporarily Closed)
- Number 3 clubhouse Restaurant (Temporarily Closed)
- Private / group lessons and clinics by on-staff PGA professionals
- On-course beverage/food cart
- Tournament arrangements
- Shoes and TaylorMade rental clubs available
- Complimentary bottled water and practice balls with golf round
- Glow Golf night putting for groups
– Golf Week Magazine, Best Courses You Can Play, #4 in Hawaii, 2017
– Golf Digest, America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses, 2009-2016
– Golf Magazine, Top 100 Courses You Can Play, (#32) 2016
– Golf Magazine, Top 100 Courses; Best Courses in Hawaii, 2009, 2010, 2012-2016 (#2 in the State)
– Andrew Harper Reader’s Choice—#11 World’s Top 20 Golf Resorts, 2015
– Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, 2014, 2015
– Golf Week Magazine, Best Courses You Can Play, 2014-15
– Golf Magazine, Silver Award, People’s Choice Vote 2012, 2014-2015
– Golf Events Magazine – Most Scenic Hole – Number 11, 2014
– AGM Platinum Award “best of the best” Mauna Kea Golf Shop, 2013-2015
– Golf Week Magazine Top 100 Best Resort Courses, 2009-2015
– Hawai’i Magazine, Best Golf Course, Readers Choice Awards, 2013
– Rolex, World’s Top 1000 Courses; Hawaii, 2012
– Conde Nast Traveler, Top 121 Golf Resorts in the World, Reader Poll, 2012
– Conde Nast Traveler, Top 15 Hawaii Golf Resorts, Reader Poll, 2012
– Celebrated Living, Platinum List, Top 20 Golf Courses, 2011, 2012
– Visa Black Card Mag, Top 10 Resort Courses in America, 2012
– Links Magazine, The Best of Golf, Best Surf & Turf: The Top 10 Golf & Beach Combos, 2012
– Celebrated Living, Platinum Golf List, Top 20 U.S. Golf Courses, 2012
– Fairways & Greens, Best of Everything Issue, Favorite Places to Stay, 2009, 2010, 2012