Modern improvements to Mauna Kea Golf Course by the original designer’s son, Rees Jones, have kept the original character intact while opening up challenging, memorable play on the Big Island of Hawai’i to all player levels.
Grass: High-efficiency ultra-dwarf Tifeagle Bermuda Grass on the greens. Tifway 419 hybrid Bermuda Grass on the tees, fairways and roughs.
Environment: State-of-the-art irrigation, bunker liners and advanced drainage techniques.
Play: Bunkers increased to 99, overall yardages expanded by 200 yards from the tips, and multiple tees challenge all levels. On-board GPS in all golf carts helps determine yardages and distance to hole.
GolfBoards: Innovative Golfboards offer a fun way to carve through a round in record time. Golfers and accompanying non-golfers 16 years and up can surf the earth on these Laird Hamilton-designed boards.
Pro Shop: State-of-the-art golf equipment, designer attire and accessories, logo gifts and golf items. Drop off golf shoes for cleaning, sign up for lessons or simply relax and talk golf with our attentive staff.
Dining: On the course, our signature beverage cart serves a diverse menu including Spam musubi, chili and blended cocktails. Mid- or post-round, Number 3 restaurant is the perfect spot to celebrate your hole-in-one with a local brew on tap, island-style pupu (appetizer) or a leisurely lunch. While at Number 3, be sure to check out our new Bocce Ball Courts!
All Mauna Kea Golf Course players are required to wear proper golf attire.
Men: Shirts with collars and sleeves, and slacks or Bermuda shorts of mid-thigh length. Mock polo shirts are the only permitted non-collared shirts. Not permitted are tank tops, tee shirts, mesh shirts, sweatpants, warm-up suits, blue jeans, swimwear, short-shorts, cut-offs, gym shorts, tennis outfits or other athletic shorts.
Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks, mid-length shorts and blouses. Not permitted are halter-tops, tee shirts, cut-offs, sweatpants, warm-up suits, blue jeans, swimwear, tennis dresses, short-shorts, or other athletic shorts.
Golf Shoes: Appropriate golf shoes are required.
If in doubt about attire, please check with the pro shop before starting play. Improperly dressed golfers will be asked to change before playing.
Rate are applicable to Mauna Kea Golf Course.
|GOLF RATES||Resort Guest||Public Guest|
|Twilight Rate (1 PM)||$185||$200|
– 2 Rounds at Hapuna
– 1 Round at Mauna Kea
– 3 Rounds at Hapuna
– 2 Rounds at Mauna Kea
|3-Day Unlimited Package||$600||$600|
|TaylorMade Rental Clubs||$ 65|
|PXG Rental Clubs (limited)||$ 100|
|Rental Shoes||$ 15|
Add a Golf Board for $35 per round!
Mauna Kea Golf Course Tournaments & Events
46th Annual Pro-Am
This December is your opportunity to partner with three members and your golf professional in the 46th annual Mauna Kea Resort Pro-Am, a Big Island tradition since 1973. The five-night, four-day event is a four-per-son, 54-hole tournament consisting of three amateurs and one professional. Scoring is two best balls—one gross, one net, with members playing to their low index over the past 12 months. The golf professional also plays for a cash purse of $10,000.
For more information on the 46th annual Mauna Kea Pro-Am scheduled for December 3 – 8, 2019, please visit ExecutiveGolferMagazine.com.
– Golf Week Magazine, Best Courses You Can Play, #4 in Hawaii, 2017
– Golf Digest, America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses, 2009-2016
– Golf Magazine, Top 100 Courses You Can Play, (#32) 2016
– Golf Magazine, Top 100 Courses; Best Courses in Hawaii, 2009, 2010, 2012-2016 (#2 in the State)
– Andrew Harper Reader’s Choice—#11 World’s Top 20 Golf Resorts, 2015
– Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, 2014, 2015
– Golf Week Magazine, Best Courses You Can Play, 2014-15
– Golf Magazine, Silver Award, People’s Choice Vote 2012, 2014-2015
– Golf Events Magazine – Most Scenic Hole – Number 11, 2014
– AGM Platinum Award “best of the best” Mauna Kea Golf Shop, 2013-2015
– Golf Week Magazine Top 100 Best Resort Courses, 2009-2015
– Hawai’i Magazine, Best Golf Course, Readers Choice Awards, 2013
– Rolex, World’s Top 1000 Courses; Hawaii, 2012
– Conde Nast Traveler, Top 121 Golf Resorts in the World, Reader Poll, 2012
– Conde Nast Traveler, Top 15 Hawaii Golf Resorts, Reader Poll, 2012
– Celebrated Living, Platinum List, Top 20 Golf Courses, 2011, 2012
– Visa Black Card Mag, Top 10 Resort Courses in America, 2012
– Links Magazine, The Best of Golf, Best Surf & Turf: The Top 10 Golf & Beach Combos, 2012
– Celebrated Living, Platinum Golf List, Top 20 U.S. Golf Courses, 2012
– Fairways & Greens, Best of Everything Issue, Favorite Places to Stay, 2009, 2010, 2012
Practice Putting Greens
Full-service Pro Shop
Number 3 clubhouse Restaurant
Private / group lessons and clinics by on-staff PGA professionals
Golf swing analysis with TrackMan™ technology
On-course beverage/food cart
Shoes and TaylorMade rental clubs available
Complimentary bottled water and practice balls with golf round
Glow Golf night putting for groups
Your loyalty rewarded. Join our exclusive membership and preferred privileges are yours. The more you stay the more you receive.