Directions from Keahole-Kona International Airport (KOA) to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
- As you leave the Airport, turn left onto Queen Kaahumanu Highway 19, heading toward Kawaihae.
- Drive north about 27 miles, approximately 30 minutes.
- Half-way point: after about 15 minutes you will come to a stoplight (near the Waikoloa Resort area), from this point you are half way there.
- 2-mile landmark: look for the signs for the small town of Puako (from this turn off you are about 2 miles from the hotel entrance).
- 1-mile landmark: You’ll pass the state highway sign for Hapuna Beach State Park, go over the overpass and look for the entrance to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel approximately one mile past this mark.
- On the left side of the highway, you’ll see a lava rock wall with “Mauna Kea” on the side. As you turn into the driveway, you’ll approach our gatehouse and our staff will direct you to the hotel.
Your loyalty rewarded. Join our exclusive membership and preferred privileges are yours. The more you stay the more you receive.