General Resort Policies
It is Prince Resorts’ goal to allow all guests to enjoy themselves without disruption from others. In order to optimize your experience at Prince properties in Hawaii we expect all guests to avoid disruption to others.
If it is Prince Resorts’ opinion or the opinion of any of our hotel managers, your behavior or that of any member of your party causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of our other guests or any third party or damage to property, we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave our premises immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. As provided by statute, no refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result.
You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party.
Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other party prior to departure from the Prince property. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behavior of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements with us
At Prince Resorts Hawaii, we understand that privacy on the Internet is important to you. As a user of our Web sites, you may have concerns about how data is collected and used as you view various pages. We are providing this Privacy Statement to help you understand how we collect and use information.
For European Economic Area (EEA) Residences in Accordance with GDPR:
The Controller for the purposes of GDPR is Prince Resorts Hawaii, Inc.
- Collection of Personal Information
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information and Our Legal Basis for Data Processing
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- International Data Transfer
- Segmentation and Automated Decision Making
- Non-Prince Resort Entities
- Use of Services by Minors
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Changes to This Policy
Collection of Personal Information
How We Collect Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that we may collect include the following:
Provided Voluntarily By You
- We may ask you to provide Personal Information in order to make a reservation, book, or purchase goods or services from our Website, subscribe to communications from our hotel, communicate to us or otherwise connect with us, or participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or promotional offer. We may collect Personal Information when you visit our properties, attend promotional events, that we host or in which we participate in, or use on-property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health clubs, and spas. We may collect Personal Information when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of training and quality assurance.
- We may collect certain information automatically from your browser or device. These information collected are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, geographic location and other technical information. We may collect information from cookies, which are pieces of information stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allows us to collect data such as pages visited, time spent on the website, browser type, and other traffic data. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
Received from Third Party Sources
- We may collect Personal Information from independent companies (“Strategic Business Partners”) with whom we partner with to provide you with goods, services, or offers based upon your experiences at our properties or that we believe to be of interest to you, from companies such as on-property outlets, travel agencies and tour partners, travel booking platforms, rental car providers, but only in circumstances where these third parties have received your consent or otherwise is legally permitted to disclose your Personal Information to us. This information may include, but not limited to, your full name, address, email, and stay history, in which we use to honor your reservation. We may collect Personal Information from our Franchisors (specifically from the Marriott Group), in which we have a franchise agreement with.
How We Use Your Personal Information and Our Legal Basis for Data Processing
Your Personal Information may be used for the purpose of providing you with services at our hotels and resorts, servicing your requests, processing payment for goods and services provided, personalizing services in accordance to your personal preferences, improving or modifying our services, developing and informing you of additional services provided by Prince Resorts Hawaii, offer and manage your participation in our Prince Preferred and Plumeria Rewards program, allow you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions and to administer these activities, or by any direct or indirect affiliate or our business partners that may be of interest, or answering questions you may have. If you do not provide the information that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such information, we may not be able to provide the requested services.
The particular legal basis for the processing of your Personal Information is based on the purpose for which such information was provided or collected. When you provide your Personal Information to us, we use the information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- Online and On-Property Collection: When you make a reservation and stay at one of our hotel properties, we process your full name, address, contact information, stay information, payment information, and other information, on the basis of our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation. Further, we process Personal Information with our on-property services (such as restaurants, spas, room keycards, concierge services, spas, other activities) in order to provide the services to you and for our business interests including service personalization, service improvements, and data analytics. We also use closed circuit television and other security measures on property that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas for the protection of our staff, guests, and visitors.
- Prince Preferred and Plumeria Rewards Participation: We process the Personal Information obtained in connection with your participation in the Prince Preferred and Plumeria Rewards program on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and in advancement of our business interests, including to personalize your use of our services at our hotel and resorts, to inform you of additional services provided by Prince Resorts Hawaii, as well as to inform you of exclusive privileges and rewards earned.
- Surveys, Promotions, and Sweepstakes: Participation in surveys, promotions and sweepstakes are voluntary. We process the information obtained from these on the basis of your consent and in advancement of our business interests, including efforts made toward service improvements, data analytics, and marketing.
- Direct Marketing: We use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw your consent for direct marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing message or contacting us at [email protected].
- Events: We process your Personal Information obtained in connection with your event on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and in advancement of our business interests, including efforts made toward service improvements, service personalization, data analytics, and marketing.
- Business Purposes: We may also use Personal Information for business purposes such as for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new goods and services, and operating and expanding our business activities. We use Personal Information in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and Services, and to do so, we share Personal Information with the following:
- We may disclose to our affiliates, franchisors (Marriott Group), and other third party service providers in order to offer or provide you with any special offers or services that may be of interest to you.
- We may also aggregate statistics that we gather about our customers and provide these statistics to third parties. However, when we do, these statistics will not include Personal Information that identifies individuals.
- We may also use, disclose and communicate your Personal Information if required to do so by law, including by an order of any court, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to allow us to limit the damages we sustain or pursue available remedies, and to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Prince Resorts Hawaii, you or others.
All reasonable measures have also been taken so that the information you provide to us will not be used by our affiliates or third parties for purposes other than those indicated herein.
International Data Transfer
We may transfer the Personal Information we collect about you outside of your country where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the Personal Information, to the United States and process it there. We use appropriate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Information among our affiliates.
Segmentation and Automated Decision Making
We may use the Personal Information to segment our consumers into groups, for marketing purposes, based on some type of shared characteristics such as geography. With your consent, we may use automated decision making, meaning without human interference, in processing your Personal Information for some services or products, such as offering you special offers based on your geographic location (e.g. Kama’aina, Domestic, and International).
Non-Prince Resorts Hawaii Entities
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information that we collect and process about you. Unfortunately, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section, below.
Use of Services by Minors
This website and our services is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through this website.
Your Data Protection Rights:
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
In accordance with GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed: Individuals have the right to know about the collection and use of their Personal Information.
- Right of access: Individuals have the right to access their Personal Information and verify the lawfulness of the data processing.
- Right of rectification: Individuals have the right to have their Personal Information rectified if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restrict processing: Individuals have the right to block or restrict processing of data, for example, where the accuracy of the data is being questioned.
- Right to portability: Users may request a copy of Personal Information in a portable format that can be transferred to another entity (e.g., CSV file).
- Right to erasure: Data subjects have the right to request for their data to be deleted.
- Right to object: Individuals should be advised that they have the right to opt out of direct marketing.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling: An individual has the right to not be subject to profiling, and profiling for marketing purposes will always require explicit consent.
If you would like to access, change, restrict, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for the purposes of transmitting it to another entity pursuant of your right to portability, you can contact us at [email protected] or by phone 1-833-617-0323 (toll-free). In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, and/or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g. making a reservation or purchase, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or reservation). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Beginning January 2020, as a California resident, you may have certain rights applied to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You have the right to:
- Request disclosure of what personal information is being collected about you.
- Request disclosure of whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Say no to the sale of your personal information.
- Access your personal information and data portability.
- Equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
- Deletion of personal information from a business database if this data was collected from the consumer.
Use of this website may provide us with the following personal information:
- Information you have provided us directly via the “Contact Us”, Meeting & Events, “Plan Your Wedding” and/or other forms
- Information you have provided us directly when reserving a room at our Hotel
- Information you have provided us directly if you choose to enroll in the Prince Preferred Program and/or any other special offers
- Your email address, if you chose to subscribe to our News & Promotions
- Anonymous analytical information, such as your IP address
- Device identifiers reported by your web browser, such as name of your computer, web browser version, and other analytical information
- Location data if reported by your web browser
Prince Resorts Hawaii does not sell people’s data.
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, concers, would like to know in detail what information is collected, or would like to request to have your information removed, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 1-833-617-0323 (toll-free). We will work with you to understand and process your request. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Your loyalty rewarded. Join our exclusive membership and preferred privileges are yours. The more you stay the more you receive.